ADVENTURES IN PAINT
with Art of Flow
This list is intended to help you get started. Please don't feel like you need everything!
You can choose to use either canvas or paper.
- 3 x canvases or boards smallest size 30x30cm up to 60x60cm approximately, square or rectangle is up to you.
- 3 x paper A3 size approx - 300gsm (maybe watercolour paper or other heavy weight paper)
- More paper like photocopy paper or scrap paper, any size for little experiments and stencilling.
- A hairdryer or heater
I love acrylic paints, the Matisse brand and the Golden brand are my favourites, you can use any brand.
(Decent budget brands are Chromacryl and Reeves)
Basic Starter Paint Set
- titanium white
- phthalo blue
- cadmium yellow
- carbon black
optional extra colours
- burnt sienna
- cadmium red
- phthalo green
- ultra marine blue
- fluorescent colours
- and any colours you LOVE!
The Golden Paint brand have a set of transparent colours which is a great start.
Medium to help flow - surface tension breaker by Matisse is my favourite
- A White Paint Pen (posca pen)
- White Chalk
- Water Spray Bottle
Brushes and other fun application tools
- A big brush and 2 or 3 mixed sizes (cheapies are fine)
You need one that is round and comes to a small point for fine lines and details.
- A mop brush is great
- Foam brushes (5cm)
- Sponges, rags, palette knife, fork, stick, skewer, old business card, any other tools for applying paint... bubble wrap, corn on the cob, kitchen utensils, whatever...